Tuesday 19 May 2015

10 YEARS


When recently asked the question "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" I  couldn't help but hesitate before firing back a quick "Successful, obviously." When asked the vague/standard/satanic question, one usually feels the need to repeat the classic "living god knows where, doing god knows that with god knows who." The question desires a short response, not a 5 page length advanced, advanced copy of my memoir. I cannot tell you where I specifically want to be, or with whom I specifically want to be with. I don't know how many little ones I want or what shade my home will be. I can however tell you what I envision as far as events go. 

LE FUTUR 

Sipping a gin martini(with a quite sizable rock on my left hand)chatting up some delightfully exotic couple about their most recent trip to Barbados, could you think of anything more glamorous? 

Basking in the sun, at my home chateau in the south of France. Children in the pool, husband asleep, first copy of my book in hand for editing purposes. 

 Driving the children to school, a mundane task turned extraordinary. Done so in my beautiful Porsche 911 Turbo S, obviously.  


I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past
                                                                                                                                                          
Thomas Jefferson 

No comments:

Post a Comment