Saturday 26 April 2014

Beach Please

Long time no talk, I cannot even believe that I haven't posted anything in 5 days! It is just crazy! I'm back not and not going anywhere! The past 5 days have been a lot of fun, and I'm glad that I took some time to myself. Here's the scoop on my trip to the FL.
  • Monday was overcast...again so we hit downtown St. Petersburg. Let me just tell you that if you ever have the chance to go to the Salvadore Dali Museum please do. It's a little odd, but that is to be expected! The whole place is fun, and the cafe inside is probably the best part aside from the giant mustache! 
  • Tuesday, still overcast. We hit Clearwater in the morning and drove by the home we almost bought,  oh the memories! After a senic drive we found ourselves in Dunedin, what a cute little town that was with little shops and restaurants! After (almost) passing a bookstore with some Fitzgerald in the window, I high tailed it back to stock up on some new books! Now I can say that I have every novel by my favorite Fitz! 
  • Wednesday, a sunny day(finally)! The pool was where I was...all day. Little did I know my sunscreen had failed me, I was f r i e d. I advise reapplying often. My celtic skin does not like the sun, whatsoever. Looks like I'll never be a beach bum! 
  • Thursday was a day of exploring, bright and early(at 10 am) we hopped in the car and headed south to my favorite part of Florida(aside from Tampa). St. Armands Circle was delightful as always. Tommy Bahama knows how to make a great fish taco in case you were wondering! 
  • Friday, best for last. Friday morning I ventured out into the sun again, this time coated with sunscreen, not taking any chances. After baking for a couple hours, it was time to go to International Mall. Now I had already gone once on the trip, but this time I was meeting Emily(http://www.pinchofem.com). I already knew that she was just about the sweetest thing ever, but in person she's even sweeter if thats at all possible. What's a better way to chit chat than over mani pedis? All in all I had a great day with Em, and can't wait to see her again! Love you sweet girl! 
xx,
Rachel 


No comments:

Post a Comment