Thursday 3 July 2014

Fashion Essentials: Beach Edition


{Hello Everyone! Rachel here, today the lovely Raquel came on and talked about her beach essentials with a 4th of July twist! Hope you all enjoy her post and check out her lovely blog, Simply Raquel Collette

Is there anything better than a day spent at the beach, basking in the sun? I can't think of any at the moment, but maybe I am a little biased because there is only one more workday until 4th of July weekend! I am going to be spending the long weekend up at my cottage, and you better believe I will be at the beach constantly! One thing that is definitely not on my agenda? Being unprepared for a long day spent in the sand! I always like to make sure that I have everything that I would need at the beach, but I never want to feel weighed down. There are certain "essentials" that I always bring with me, and of course they are totally 4th of July themed!
image
1. Oversized Beach Towel (monogram optional, but oh so adorable): I don't know about you all but having a towel that is super big is a must for me. Although I do love me some sand, I do not like it on my towel. Having room to spread out comfortably is totally necessary for a long day at the beach! PS, how cute is this monogram at the end?!
image
2. Festive Bikini: Yes, I am totally one of those girls that goes all out on the 4th of July regarding clothing.. bikinis are no exception! I love that this one still reflects the holiday but isn't in your face. I love that this bathing suit is not just your everyday striped one, but has adorable little ruffle detailing! Something I love even more? That these separates are both from Target, score!
image
3. Patriotic Cover Up: There is nothing more that I love at the beach than a good cover up! Especially when it is in the form of a striped Oxford. This is perfect to throw on over a bikini when it gets a little windy, or when it starts to get chilly later in the day.
image
4. Retro Sunnies: What is more American than a good old fashioned pair of sunnies? This pair is so fun and definitely has a little teeny bit of a Cat Eye going on. A complete Forever 21 steal!
image
5. No Burns Here: This may be the most important thing on my list: good old SPF! Whether it be moisturizer, BB Cream, or all over body cream, sun screen is a must for me. Especially when I know I am going to be at the beach and in the sun all day. This girl does not want to face a sunburn!
image
6. Happy Hair = Happy Raquel: Okay I thought of one thing that I dislike more than sand on my towel...the way the wind gets my hair all knotty. Ugh! Anyone else hate that? To combat having to brush my hair out for the remainder of my trip, I have my handy (and adorable) floppy hat and gingham hair tie. Whichever I decide to use, my hair will be out of the way!
image
7. Lippie (Pomegranate Raspberry flavor of course): I always make sure that I protect my lips as well as my face. This little eos is so convenient to throw in my bag and super easy to find because of the bright color!
image
8. A Good Read: For me, if I don't bring a book to the beach with me, I might as well not go! I am definitely not one of those girls who can lay on the beach for hours doing absolutely nothing. Plus, there is just something so calming about sprawling out, laying in the warm sun, and reading a great book.
image
9. Oversized Headphones: And this is to block out all the screaming kids when I am trying to take a little nap! Because that is what we all really go to the beach for, right?!
image
10. Fav Lilly Tumbler:  Call me crazy, but there is something about using a straw that makes me drink way more water than normal! Keeping hydrated is one of the most important things next to keeping skin protected! Plus, this is probably the cutest cup I have ever seen.
image
11. Carry It All Tote: And this gorgeous polka dot tote is what I carry my life in! This tote is just big enough to carry all my necessities but not too large that it's a pain to carry everywhere! Thank The Lord for Target!
image
With my tote bag full of goodies I am ready to take on a day at the beach, and just about anything the day might have in store for me! What are your beach necessities?
                                                                    xo, Raquel

1 comment: